The Human Resource & Supply Chain Officer is responsible in strengthening and maintaining human resource (HR) systems in Save the Children’s Offices in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). On HR, s/he is expected to support in the recruitment of staff and consultants, staff capacity building, and wellness support needs of the BAMM team, in close coordination with the national office. On supply chain, s/he is the overall responsible in providing the supply chain needs/requirements of the project including procurement of project supplies and services, accounting for all assets, managing stocks and fleet concerns.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working on Education in Emergencies, DRR and Child Protection issues or an equivalent level of experience
- Experience in partnership with and providing support to the Department of Education, civil society groups—NGOs, community-based organizations or people’s organizations
- Experience in project management cycle
- Ability to adapt new ideas and innovation; capacity to think strategically
- Preferably with a degree in Education, DRR, Community Development, Social Sciences or equivalent experience
- Familiarity and experience with the concepts of human rights, empowering civil society, local governance, children’s rights and child protection
- Can deal with various levels of stakeholders—from decision-makers to field level practitioners
- Has proven skills in program management, training design and delivery, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate and adept in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Can work well in highly stressful situations
- A team player, willing to work long hours toward the attainment of program objectives and deliverables
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives; willing to adopt Save the Children’s methodology and framework in program implementation; abide by and implement Save the Children’s Eight Agency Policies including Child Safety
- Must have a high sense of urgency and well-developed work ethic
- Preferably speaking in Ilocano
Contract length: Fixed Term position until February 2021 based in Cotabato City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.