Norwegian Refugee Council, Kunar, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this position is the day-to-day implementation of HR/Admin, Finance and logistics activities for Kuner field office. The Assistant will be the focal point to guide and implement the NRC policies, handbooks on staff and prepare functions areas report for the management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Administration & HR-Responsibilities:
- Preparing and ensure accurate job descriptions are in place for all staff
- To ensure the widest circulation of NRC adverts among other NGOs and organizations to find potential candidates.
- To ensure the CVs are received and put in a folder properly and handed over to the relevant section head for short listing and further process.
- To act as an administrator on the written tests of applications and to participate in the interviews
- Conduct reference checks for job candidates.
- Proper record keeping of recruitment files.
- Maintaining the training and leave records of each employee as per NRC format.
- To maintain and ensure HR Database are updated and information related to staff are collected properly on time from field offices.
- To maintain and update employee personal files regularly and ensure personal file’s requirements are met properly.
- To ensure that recruitment files, staff attendance, time sheets and payrolls prepared, checked, and filled properly on monthly basis.
- Support and ensure that field office staff has obtained Tax Identification Numbers and National Work Permits.
- Monthly reporting to support office related to administration and HR activities and when required.
Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responsesAny other activity assigned by the supervisor.
- At least 3 years previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional are preferably with UN or humanitarian INGOs.
- University degree in HR/management, finance, administration or relevant field is desirable. Excellent understanding of HR and logistic issues.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work additional hours when required.
- Ability to commence work immediately.
- Flexible, initiative, accountable, goal oriented and visionary.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programs
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft office, especially Excel.
- Sound Knowledge of context/Area.
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results