Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of a HR/Admin Officer is to implement delegated area of responsibility of HR and Administration in Maimana (Faryab). The HR/Admin Officer will ensure implementation of NRC policy, procedures, tools & Guidelines in NRC Afghanistan with focus on main responsibility in Human resources and administrative functions. Advice and guide managers on HR issues related, policy and procedures, day-to-day implementation of the HR/Admin functions responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure promoting and sharing ideas for improvement of the support function.
Human Resources Activities:
- Assist to support the Field Office Coordinator, consistent with applicable laws, procedures, policies, handbooks and NRC’s standard operating procedures and instructions
- Ensure to manage the applications through Webcruiter to help management on recruitments.
- Ensure the CVs are locally received and put in a folder properly and handed over to the relevant section head for short listing and further recruitment process.
- Ensure to prepare induction plan for new comers and exist clearance process for those leaving the organization.
- Establish an accurate & accessible filling system for both hard/soft file.
- Ensure conducting reference checks for job candidates and doing proper record keeping of recruitment files.
- Participates in NRC staff seminars and training for capacity building when scheduled.
- Ensure to contribute in preparing accurate job descriptions and that are in place for all staff.
- Ensure to do monthly reporting to North Area Office and Support Office related to Administration and HR activities and when required.
- Keep track of all national recruitment in Maimana, and have monthly report.
- Ensure that all HR documentation is completed and filed, and that personnel records are complete and kept confidential.
- Ensure transparency in the recruitment process and make sure all the vacant positions in field level are filled with high quality.
- Transparently manage the HRMIS/Agresso HR Database. Input employee details, allocate resource numbers and continuously update to ensure the staff establishment is accurate for payroll and reporting purposes for Faryab field office and report it to Area Manager and Country Office HR on regular basis.
- To ensure that, staff attendance sheets, timesheets on monthly basis prepared, checked, and filed properly.
- Ensure to creating and requesting resource number, NRC ID Card, email ID and CUG SIM for new comers.
- Ensure raising support related PRs such Office Supplies, Refreshment, Stationaries, Monthly Credit cards for Education Supervisors, Cleaning, daily labour wages, furniture and IT equipment.
- Ensure update monthly payrolls (Regular and CBW) Staff prepared, reviewed and approved and kept soft file properly.
- Ensure proper Office Management on daily basis
- Implement Admin-related operational/control tasks including correspondence to Government and other agencies as required.
- Prepares recurring reports as scheduled to governmental authorities
- Assist to make translations of notes and documents in to local languages.
- At least 3 years’ previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or international NGOs;
- Knowledge of Administrative and HR related fields
- being able to take decision that impact on delivery of activities and services
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work additional hours if and when required
- Ability to commence work immediately.
Education title: University Degree/Diploma in B-Com/ BBA/ Management and Economics-Required
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Collaborative nature, ability to work well in a team environment
- Flexibility, creativity and good sense of humor
- Fair treatment, impartial & humanity – based thinker