Norwegian Refugee Council, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the travel officer position is to manage and take responsibility of all international and domestics flights and accommodation for whole country program and provide day to day support for all NRC travellers. Enhances the effectiveness by providing information for travel/accommodation and on time booking for all requesters.
You can read more about the position hDuties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated responsibilities according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure adherence to Afghan Legislation for required process
- Ensure effectiveness in all international and domestics flights.
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to all staff
- Make sure to process Travel Authorization Request (TAR) for all requester for booking.
- The travel officer is responsible for on time booking for international and national flights
- Advise traveller on travel arrangement and keep update traveller for any changes
- Liaison with travel agencies, hotels, and guesthouses to provide effective and efficient services to traveller.
- Ensure that travel related documents are properly filled for an accurate record keeping. This includes international and domestics flights and accommodation.
- Process the invoices for payment from all suppliers (flights and accommodation) at the end of each month.
- Manage/booking accommodation for staff domestically and internationally.
- Travel officer need to be reachable 24/7 for any flight and accommodation inquires or for an immediate support needed from travel.
- University degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Administration with reputable organization
- Fluency in English language and local languages
- Strong spoken, written and expressive Dari and Pashto language skills as required for liaison work with the various ministerial departments
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of archiving and filing
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good IT skills.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environmentere: Job Description NRC Grade Structure