HRIS Project Manager Data & Analytics
Closing Date for Applications:
HRIS Project Manager Data & Analytics manages a small or medium-sized project and ensures its successful delivery within the constraints of scope, quality, time and budget. The role stands alone or is part of a wider programme.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise on Data and Analytics, is recognized as a subject matter expert on complex data relationships, knowledge in analysis, conception, design and development of data models while maintaining the crucial understanding/attention on Return of Investment.
- Promoting the understanding of the interconnection between the HR Initiatives and the supporting software assuring that the overall strategy chosen stays within the possibilities of the available software providers being used or that are being considered.
- Ensures effective communication and agreement at all phases of the analytics project, it retains a focus on value and control, it ensures that the process respects the iterative nature of data analytics projects while managing the risks associated with them.
- Work closely with the HR, Finance, ICT and Digital Transformation & Data divisions, taking a proactive role in developing and monitoring the implementation of integrated strategies assuring that it follows the HRIS best practice.
- Lead the operationalization for the HR Data & Analytics initiative within the ICRC HRIS implementation, coordinating the existing project plan, elaborating workshops, requisites gathering, presentations walkthrough, building the testing strategy, overseeing the delivery of results and ensuring engagement and excellence of stakeholders.
- Work together with the business teams to ensure that we can use the fullest of the HRIS tools in use such as SuccessFactors suite, Strategic, PeopleDoc, HR_ODS, Tableau report providing insight/solutions for situations where adaption needed to be made.
- Build working relationships with relevant stakeholders in order to create a dynamic and productive team, keeping an efficient and trustworthy environment.
- Work in close collaboration with Application managers, HRIS support team (L3/L2), to ensure the agreed systems & tools interventions are properly configured, documented, and implemented, from the business process design to the technical implementation and support.
- Coordinate, report and/or escalate important subjects following the corresponding management line established.
- Facilitate process alignment and integration, building the required plans and training to ensure the internal supporting team/ team groups are fully able to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Responsible for implementing and providing recommendations to continually improve efficiency, implement new functionalities across the full spectrum of HR Data and Analytics tools related, taking in the responsibility to follow and/or to create initiatives that will allow him and others to be constantly kept up to date with the ever-evolving HRIS tools in use by ICRC.
- Organizes, prepares, conducts, coordinates, facilitates and reports on all project management activities necessary to achieve the project's objectives, in accordance with the ICRC's Project Management Framework and/or Project management team directives.
- Reviews/approves the work plans of external service providers or consultancies contracted for the project, making sure that it is in line with the project plan timelines and budget.
- As Master Data Management will provide/control processes for collecting, aggregating, matching, consolidating, quality-assuring and distributing such data throughout the organization to ensure a common understanding, consistency, accuracy and control in the ongoing maintenance and application use of the information.
- Provides Business intelligence directions for the collection, integration, analysis, and presentation of business information.
People management responsibilities
Scope & Impact
- Total project budget is typically up to CHF2 million.
- The project typically impacts one unit or division, with multiple interdependencies that would affect deployment.
- Changes are foreseen in up to 2 macro-processes.
- The project impacts a limited number of end users.
- Change magnitude is rated under 50 according to the Project Management Office's project-change scale.
- Internally, HR, Finance, ICT, Digital Transformation & Data, HR Providers, HRIS Unit, Business process owners, HR decision-makers.
- Externally, interacts with SAP, Solution Partners, Third-party software enterprises.
Education and experience required
- Bachelor in Information’s system and/or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working in an international organization, successfully operating in the organization with a demonstrated track record in driving transformation in complex and challenging situations.
- Experience in understanding client requisites, design the project plan and successfully implementing the IT (Data & Analytics) tools and practices in different kinds of organizations
- Proven record of a minimum of 6 implementations of global data solutions (ideally focused in HR), in organizations with 1000+ headcount
- Minimum 4+ year’s experience in HR data/core management solutions focused on organizational effectiveness, HR data strategy & planning in global and multicultural organizations.
- Software solutions hands-on cloud expertise, preference being given to SAP / SuccessFactors, understanding of integrations across multiple modules and with third party systems.
- Experience with the following systems/tools/software:
- SAP HR / Successfactors (PM/GM, REC, LMS, EC)
- Tableau Software
- Meta4 PeopleNet
- Relational database management understanding – Database administrator
- Business objects reports
- Project Management (certification in Prince 2 or PMI)
- Fluent command English or French with working knowledge of the other.
Desired profile and skills
- Self-starter, intrapreneurial spirit, capable of autonomous work and taking personal initiative, while being a strong team player and leader.
- Connector, at ease with building collaborative relationships and networks across cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service mindset, including strong leadership, negotiation and diplomacy.
- Strong understanding of project and change management. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong preference for action and not afraid to “roll up sleeves”.
- Ability to communicate effectively, persuasively and connect with a wide range of audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal, creating a strong community of passionate project supporters.
- Organized and result-driven. Superior time management skills and ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
- Ability to foster and model effective customer service.