Human Resource & Admin Officer
Danish Refugee Council, Somalia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for carrying out HR and Administrative tasks. Works within the HR & Administration policies & procedures of DRC and in compliance with all national acts and legislation at base level. This role has a base focus. The HR & Admin Officer contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
- Coordinate and manage all administrative tasks at base level. Ensure all administrative matters are properly followed up and legally standing according to local laws/requirements.
- Coordinate with finance to obtain the monthly timesheet codes. Ensure monthly timesheets are correctly filled by staff, approved by Line Supervisors and filed in timely manner.
- Prepare, advice and oversee staff leaves and absences.
- Ensure staff requiring Visas and other legal documents are organized in timely manner.
- Filing of all administration records as per DRC filing procedures.
- Ensure all office utilities and infrastructures are appropriate, safe and functioning. (electricity, gas, security, up keeping of premises, health and safety, internet, telephones, photocopiers etc.).
- Ensure all necessary office resources (Stationaries, office supplies, drinking water are stocked and managed.
- Manage the expat staff guest house
- Organize meetings, training's and other events.
- Coordinate the flight bookings, housing and transport for internal and external visitors in coordination with Logistics department.
- Act as focal point for the administration of tenancy agreements & liaise with lessors.
- Keep track, record and properly manage incoming and outgoing letters including those received from government.
- Ensure DRC’s HR policies & procedures are applied and compliant at all times.
- Draft new and renewed staff contracts (along with the required attachment) in timely manner.
- Ensure DRC ID cards are issued to new staff on the first working day.
- Ensure all staff personal files are updated according to the DRC’s checklist on constant basis.
- Ensure timely on boarding/induction for new staff before sent to work and oversee/coordinate the induction process.
- Support base level recruitment's in close coordination with HR Team Leader.
- Organize training on Code of Conduct for staff. Brief on other HR policies/procedures to staff when necessary.
- Review HR related documents before the Base Manager approves.
- Assist with the performance and development process including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Serve as the liaison on national staff insurance issues.
- Ensure exit procedures are made for all staff in coordination with Logistics and safety department.
- Ensure all staff taxes and legislative obligations are done on time as per the government deadlines.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Education, experience and technical competencies:
- University degree in HR Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least two years of relevant work experience in similar field with INGO or UN.
- Advanced proficiency skills in MS Word applications
- Experience in training and capacity building of national staff
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in local language.