Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Propcom Mai-Karfi was a six-year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria. It now has a three-year extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid 2018:
- BAY States (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe);
- GBT States (Gombe, Bauchi and Taraba) and
- Partnership states (Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa).
The Human Resource Assistant is to assist the HR and Personnel Manager with interviews and hiring actions, ensuring completion of employees' documentation and administration, complete administrative tasks related to all aspects of HR sections on the Propcom programme. She/he will be required to assist in preparing job advertisement and general correspondence, arrange, coordinate logistics support for selection and maintain personnel files on the Propcom programme. The HR Assistant will serve as the liaison between the field offices and the Abuja office for HR related activities. He/she will perform any other duties that may be assigned by the HR and Personnel Manager.
- Assist with staff recruitment by sending invitations and scheduling interviews.
- Informing the HR and Personnel Manager and team members of joining dates of new hires and coordinating with other units for necessary arrangements.
- Preparing Induction Schedules for new hires
- Collate exit interview reports for exiting staff and filing.
- Researching on changes or updates in the country labor laws and informing the HR and Personnel Manager of these developments.
- Maintain personnel records, tracking employment history, confirmation, promotions, transfers, salaries, and training.
- Issuing of contracts and confirmation to newly employed staff.
- Ensure that all documents in respect of new employees are received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment.
- Updating the HR online databases.
- Prepare HR reports.
- Administering payroll information to the Finance team and maintaining staff related records.
- With the HR and Personnel Manager; plan, coordinate and conduct training occasionally, including induction programs for new hires.
- Processing of staff benefits such as Health Insurance and Life Insurance.
- Scan all ex-staff files as soon as soon as possible after exit
- Collect approved leave forms from staff and update the Leave Tracker.
- Draft correspondence for and on behalf of Propcom staff.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum education and experience required:
- Relevant academic qualifications in relevant field.
- Relevant working experience within Human Resource Management and Administration.
- Good organizational and accurate record keeping skills.
- Ability to understand comprehensive information.
- Good numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and explain the official framework employment regulation.
- Integrity and use of initiative.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills in implementing personnel policies.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Good interpersonal skills should be helpful and have an approachable disposition.
- Experience using standard editing/proofreading marks and graphic layout designing.
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume and sensitive workflow, knowledge of DFID employment regulations.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and must work well under competing deadlines.