Human Resource Intern
Danish Refugee Council, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the HR/Administration Internship position is to support the HR and Administration department with routine documentation, Paperwork and day to day Administrative duties.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The intern will be obtaining signatures on the recruitment instruction forms and file management for all the recruitment documentation.
- Will take part in organizing for interviews. This will include administering written tests and also ensuring that the interview venues are well set, avail computers if required among others.
- The intern will work with the HR Assistant to update the personnel files.
- The intern be responsible for time sheets tracking. He /She will track time sheets received from the field and will be responsible for filing them and providing an update to the HR officer.
- Will be in charge of preparing parcels with staff items to be dispatched to the field. This could be identity cards, Medical insurance cards, uniforms among others.
- In the absence of the HR Assistant, the Intern will be back up.
- May perform any other duties assigned.
- Experience and technical competencies:
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Humanities or related field
- No experience required
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
- Knowledge of MS office applications