Human Resource Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Venezuela
Closing Date for Applications:
Are you our new Human Resources Manager in Venezuela?
NRC is currently scaling up its response to the situation in Venezuela
The purpose of the HR Manager is to be responsible that the HR system is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
The Human Resources Manager reports to the Country Director in Venezuela.
Se anima a ciudadanos/as Venezolanos/as a presentarse.
- Implement NRC’s HR and admin systems and procedures
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law
- Training, support, control and development of HR teams
- Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
- Management of the HR team
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Participate in the Country Management Group
- Oversee recruitment and induction of new and replacement staff as the organisation scales up and prepares to introduce additional core competencies/programmes.
- To lead the adaptation of NRC HR policies and procedures to the Venezuela context, including the adaptation of NRC’s Terms of Employment to Venezuela Labour Law.
- Plan and roll-out NRC’s Induction package, NRC Way, for all staff.
- Be the focal point for ensuring processes and procedures are in place to ensure Duty of Care for all staff.
- Work closely with NRC Regional and Global HR to roll-out additional measure for the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)
- Lead the development of NRC Venezuela’s income taxation policy for international staff.
- Ensure that all HR data is stored in compliance with data protection requirements.
- Jointly with the other members of the Senior Management Group, work to promote gender equality in the organisation, including through careful research of obstacles to female staff recruitment, retention and promotion, in the Venezuela context.
- Responsible for ensuring the NRC pay structure for national staff is relevant in Venezuela and in line with NRC policy.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Venezuelan legislation will be an advantage
- Experience in start-up is an advantage
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour is an asset
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability