Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a Human Resource Officer To provide Human Resources administrative assistance in the day to day management of the staff payroll and benefits package. Ensuring that all benefits a and support in compliance with DRC's and local guidelines and procedures.
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened up a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
- Take lead in mapping up all staff evaluation information taking into considerations areas of development.
- Consolidate all national staff training needs from the annual performance appraisals
- In close coordination with the HR/Admin manager develop an all staff annual training calendar. Submit this on quarterly basis for review by the HR/Admin Manager and HR Specialist.
- Identify suitable trainers or training service providers, act as the focal point for all trainers and training needs ensuring value for money at all times.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all training documents, i.e., training request form, attendance, PR & training proposals etc.
- Maintain compliance and ensure all training cost are charged to the appropriate budget lines.
- In close coordination with Procurement and Logistics team, arrange training venues for staff as required.
- Conduct feedback survey after each training, to assess the outcome of the training and suggest follow up action plan to the HR/Admin manager.
Training database/ reports
- Maintain a database keeping records of individual staff training information and update on a regularly basis.
- Maintain a database for keeping records of training feedback survey.
- Prepare the monthly staff training report and submit to the HR & Admin Manager.
- Use the database information for preparing ROI.
Payroll and staff benefits management
- Update the payroll database on monthly basis for onward submission to the HR/Admin Manager for final review and approval.
- Update staff information in payroll system/ HR Database on regularly basis.
- Coordinate with Insurance company for medical and accidental benefits.
- Prepare the relocation allowance for new staff as required for onward submission for payments.
- Keep records of documents regarding additional housing allowance for staffs living in Ukhiya.
- Manage, coordinate & administer the festival bonus as per Bangladesh labor law.
- Assist in the implementation of staff well-being initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Annual training calendar for national staff in place.
- All recommended training in individual performance appraisals are addressed.
- Keep records of all training related documents.
- Implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives.
Experience and technical competencies:
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience of staff capacity building & payroll system management.
- NGO work experience would be added advantages.
- Experience working in multi-cultural work settings
- A degree in Human resources management, or similar field.
- Technical skills in managing compensation and benefits.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Can speak & write Bangla
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.