Provides employee and Human Resources staff support in several functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, payroll, HRIS and training & development. Inputs employee personal data into human resources information system (HRIS) database and generates reports as needed for HR staff. Serves as initial point of contact for employees with questions related to their personal employee information. Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new employees, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc. Conducts new employee orientations and may handle or facilitate employee exit interviews. Prepares special reports using HRIS data that may include COBRA, OSHA, EEO and headcount. Coordinates interviews and maintains visa processing.
- Serves as an experienced resource to the HR team and employees in multiple areas to include: HRIS, compensation, benefits, recruiting, payroll, and training & development.
- Functions as initial point of contact for employees with HR-related questions.
- Independently and accurately responds to Employee Service Center (ESC) requests.
- Processes forms and system updates related to new employees, change-of- status, performance evaluations, benefits changes, separations etc.
- Ensures employee data in HRIS is accurate.
- Serves as a back-up to corporate payroll.
- Is able to complete full pay cycle processing, if needed.
- Prepares required reports for benefits, COBRA, OSHA, EEO, AA, and headcount reports.
- Able to run standard reports and create ad-hoc reports for special projects.
- Conducts new employee orientation and may assist with separation process.
- Assists with training and development programs as needed.
- May independently create materials for routine training classes.
- Recommends improvement or changes in systems, processes or procedures to management.
- Partners with Benefits, Payroll and Accounts Payable to ensure HR related procedures and processes are handled and resolved in a timely manner.
- Performs analysis on assimilation/turnover data; analyses and evaluates data. * Other duties s assigned.
Applied Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to handle oral and written communications independently.
- Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Handles routine administrative projects for HR office.
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice.
- Follows specific standards and procedures to resolve; variations must be approved by manager before taking action.
- Errors may negatively impact departmental functions and deadlines
- Work is supervised and specific instructions are given for new activities or special assignments.
- May offer ideas and suggestions for improving efficiency, but does not change procedures without supervisor’s approval.
- High School/GED Diploma or its International Equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience providing HR or administrative support in an office setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS / Payroll systems.
- Vocational or specialized training.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).