United Nations Office for Project Services, Dakar, Senegal
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Analyst, the intern's responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following tasks:
- Monitoring of the classification of terms of reference
- Verification of the format and quality of the Terms of Reference to ensure that the correct grammar and format are used before publication
- Conduct and follow-up of reference checks
- Follow-up and reminders regarding the completion of compulsory courses by staff
- Writing interview reports and other human resources reports, if applicable
- Track approvals for contract changes
- Monitoring of budget lines with recruiting units during recruitments
- Liaise with the third-party recruitment agency for the issuance of contracts and contract extensions
- Logistical assistance in the planning, organization and preparation of interviews, trainings and other relevant events
- Support the identification and documentation of best practices and lessons learned, including coordination and sharing of knowledge and documentation methodologies
- Updating of personnel files and files relating to human resources management
- Monitoring and updating of the training database
- Provide assistance in the review process of applications received under the supervision of his supervisor
- Provide support in the implementation of gender action plans and staff survey
- Monitor HR statistics and provide effective support in monitoring HR performance indicators
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- To be registered in a university study program such as the License, the Masters or the Ph.D in Human Resources Management, Management and Business Administration or in or in any other related field.
- Have obtained a diploma equivalent to the License, the Masters or the Ph.D in the three years preceding the date of the application.
- No previous work experience is required.
- Previous experience in the field of human resources management would be an asset.
- Ability to work with MS Office is required.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and / or Google Suite applications is an asset.
- Perfect command of French is compulsory.
- A good knowledge of English is highly desirable.