Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
The person and the job: The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for a Human Resources Administrator/Senior Human Resources Administrator who will be based at the Institute’s headquarters in Pelawatte, Battaramulla. The position holder will provide general administrative and project administrative support to the Human Resources Director (HRD) and the Training and Capacity building function. The person will be responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of administrative duties, which include providing secretarial support to HR in the organization of board, management and administrative team meetings, and coordination of training and capacity building activities. The position holder will also provide administrative support to special projects within the Human Resources Office (HRO), and will work under the direct supervision of the Director - Human Resources, with a secondary reporting line to the Manager - Organizational Learning. The person will not supervise other personnel.
Job Description :
• support HRD in the organization of board, management and administrative team meetings, and other staff meetings;
• support administration of IWMI’s performance management system (MAP);
• support coordination of training logistics and capacity building administration, including processing of applications and making arrangements to recruit interns for various IWMI offices, globally;
• work with the Finance Department to ensure the creation of SAP requests, and payment to training vendors and interns on time;
• maintain a HR calendar of activities, including the training calendar;
• maintain HR budgets;
• attend project meetings, prepare meeting minutes and action items, and follow-up with respective stakeholders for tracking closure on project deliverables;
• support HRD with record-keeping, and taking responsibility for the HR SharePoint server;
• create a log of pending items raised through several forums such as the Staff Consultative Committee, HRD visits to the regional offices, management and administration team meetings, all staff meetings and board meetings, and follow-up with respective stakeholders on updates to ensure effective closure of the requests that aid in timely redressing of employee grievances;
• support HRD in special projects from time to time. Special projects may include competency assessment and talent mapping, global job grading exercises, deploying e-learning solutions, etc.;
• support the coordination of travel and other logistics for HRD; and
• perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification & Experience :
• a bachelor’s degree with a Human Resources or Project Management certification, and at least 4-5 years of experience in a similar capacity. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
• experience of working in a non-profit environment;
• sound knowledge of HR functions and processes;
• skills in analyzing and reporting;
• very good communication and presentation skills, and be detail-oriented and organized;
• proficiency in MS office applications;
• excellent secretarial and administrative skills;
• the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality; and
• excellent interpersonal skills. Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed, and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this position.