Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Global Humanitarian Team (GHT) Team Purpose
1. To lead the delivery of Oxfam's humanitarian strategy
2. To support lead countries and regions respond to category 1 and 2 humanitarian responses
3. To support country teams to build their humanitarian capacity
4. To lead and coordinate the representation of Oxfam in global humanitarian bodies, processes and debates, including global partnerships
5. To track humanitarian information, learning and knowledge developed in responses, research and global fora and ensure these are actively shared and managed internally and externally.
HR Team Purpose:
The GHT Human Resources Team ensures Oxfam has the management, technical and logistical capacity to scale up and respond rapidly to major humanitarian emergencies anywhere in the world. The HR team is a centre of expertise for Humanitarian HR, providing HR support to the GHT, regions and countries in the resourcing, development and management of people enabling a quality humanitarian response.
As an HR Advisor you will work closely with the HR Manager and wider HR team to develop and implement people strategies that support the delivery of Oxfam's humanitarian strategy. You will lead the coordination of Humanitarian HR support to particular Regions focusing on resourcing the scale up of staff for large humanitarian responses, as well as providing support to Country HR Teams on Humanitarian HR preparedness and capacity building. You will be a generalist HR Business Partner providing an HR operational and advisory service across all GHT Teams, delivering this in coordination with a wider HR network. As a line manager, you will coach, mentor and manage other members of the GHT HR Team ensuring that we are delivering an excellent service and continuously improving our Humanitarian HR Policy, Procedures and Practices.
Ideally this is a full time role, however Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss by contacting the Recruiting Manager directly, as they have indicated that they would consider flexible options.