Human Resources Advisor
War Child Holland, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
Amsterdam based with international travelling
At War Child we know that our people make the difference. Empowered staff empower war affected children. You are the front runner in our ambition to have the best Human Resources Management (HRM) we can have.
- Support Country Offices management to strengthen HRM. A tool is our Human Resources (HR) Manual, a guideline for good and solid HRM for national staff. You will gather feedback to further improve the HR Manual. Taking into account external developments, standards and toolkits like the Core Humanitarian Standards;
- Audit the implementation of the HR Manual for learning and development;
- HR Business partner for the Country Offices management, and pending the need of the Country Office advice and assist in policy making and implementation for e.g. recruitment and retention, induction, Code of Conduct, reward management, job –and salary house, appraisal and feedback, learning and training, end of service processes etcetera;
- HR Advisor for our (about 20) expatriate staff for career planning, staff care and individual matters, supported by the HR back office in Amsterdam; (In case of conflicts you assist in a mediating role);
- You report to the Director HR and Organizational Development with an operational line to the Director of International Programmes.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Human Resources Business partner in an international context in the Humanitarian sector;
- Track record in an International Non-Governmental Organization, field experience is a must;
- Ability to implement and adapt policies into different contexts;
- Empathic, team player and self-starter;
- Approachable with keen interest in people from different backgrounds and sensitive to organizational dynamics;
- Excellent communication skills in English required, fluency in French, Spanish and or Dutch is a big plus;
- Flexible and willing to travel to war affected countries;
- University degree;
- Available on short notice for 32 hours per week.
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.