Human Resources and Administration Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
Support HR Admin Team leader in the preparation of HR tasks and maintenance of staff information in compliance with administration procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in adherence to national acts and legislation
- Drafting Casual Labor Contracts e.g. programme staff/location.
- Assist in updating personal staff files
- Leave planning follow up on leave plan and leave request
- Follow up that signed time sheets are sent to HR before deadline.
- Ensure to add new staff details and location on the Staff Contact list upon request from HR Dept. CO
- Making requisition, receiving and releasing office stationery, beverages and cleaning materials
- Submitting weekly/monthly report on use of office material.
- Support the HR Officer in the recruitment process
- Ensure required documents from the recruitment are sent to HR Department Coordination Office
- Ensure that vacancy adverts are announced in time and according to the Recruitment Authorization
- Distribute information about open vacancies to all staff and announce on local notice board in a timely manner.
- Updating Guest Accommodation space and sharing
- Responsible to coordinate all the Guest House request with logistics
- Takes lead to review Guest House Utensils and makes requisition
- Monthly meeting and bi-weekly inspection of Guest House
- Collaborate with HR Admin TL in organizing Seminars, meetings and other events at location.
- Coordinate accommodation in Guest House and/or hotel.
- Assist in enquiries from visitors
- Assist with taking minutes of the events if required.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least one-year work experience in field of Human Resources and Administration in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications (Excellent computer skill)
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and stress.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree/HND
- Intermediate level training in HR
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Alur, Lugbara, Luo, Madi and other local languages widely spoken in West Nile region is an advantage