Human Resources and Administration Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, Diyala, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job
Responsible for performing general Human Resources and Administration functions, playing a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and time-sheets tracking. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRC’s Operations Handbook and local HR Handbook.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
- Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date: -personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security,
- Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation
- Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction.
- Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order.
- Payment of office and guest house bills.
- Responsible for office supplies.
- Responsible for necessary repairs & maintenance in a timely manner in coordination with the Logistics staff.
- Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Establish central mail recording system and filing system.
- Ensure that DRC staff have Identification cards (ID) with the period of validity in accordance with the employment contract.
- To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- Minimum 1 year's relevant work experience in similar field.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language