Human Resources and Administration Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Sana'a, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the HR and Administration Manager is to ensure the HR systems and procedures are in line with NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation. The role will provide oversight for Human Resources across the whole country programme.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s HR and admin systems and procedures
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law
- Training, support, control and development of HR teams
- Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
- Management of the HR team
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Supervision and capacity building of the HR staff in Sana’a, and technical supervision to HR staff in Area Offices.
- Ensure that staff records in all offices are up to date and filed appropriately
- Oversight of recruitment and selection in the country
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis; and ensure monthly reporting on the Global HR Indicators
- Support line managers in implementing correct HR procedures
- Guide senior management team and line managers on HR processes such as recruitment; induction; staff development; performance management; capacity building, reward etc.
- Update and train staff on HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Align/design and effectively implement new staff orientation and training programmes
- Coordinate with HR focal point persons on ground where necessary, clearance of staff separating from the organization, including exit interviews and final dues payments
- In consultation with the Country Director, Head of Support and Area Managers, address staff grievances and disciplinary measures
- Manage the staff Performance Management System
- Coordinate new HR initiatives from NRC HQ and RO, in particular initiatives related to the Staff
- Survey results and the strategic ambition of being a good organisation to work For
- HR focal point for investigations and breaches of Code of Conduct
- Ensure development and implementation of Administrative systems and procedures
- Day to day support to international staff on HR and Administration functions
- Minimum First Level University Degree/Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, Business, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Experience handling investigations, grievances, and employee relations issues
- Ability to lead and manage a team, including providing remote technical supervision
- Experience working in the Middle East or similar context
- Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work and live in an insecure environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs.