Human Resources Assistant
Food and Agriculture Organization, Budapest, Hungary
Closing Date for Applications:
The post is located in the Shared Services Centre. The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensure the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improve the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
- The Human Resources Assistant (Shared Service Centre) performs a large variety of routine functions in support of human resources transactions. He/she assists providing guidance and advice in the application of policies, rules and procedures and supports sound human resources practice.
- The Human Resources Assistant (Shared Service Centre) interacts with a variety of colleagues within the work unit and with immediate clients, supporting the effective and efficient delivery of human resources services.
- The incumbent maintains a wide range of contacts with staff throughout the Organization as well as with colleagues within and outside of core team, providing experienced coordination and delivery of finance support processes and services.
- Review,answer and follow-up on standard requests, enquiries and claims regarding human resources matters; provide readily available information from office files and databases;
- Support services related to the employment and servicing of staff or mobile workforce; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.;
- Assemble and review supporting documentation for processing various human resources actions relating to entitlements and benefits, onboarding, transfers and separations;
- Assemble and review supporting documentation for processing various human resources actions relating to validation, education check and posting.
- Communicate with applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment;
- Assist supervisor(s) in monitoring the contractual status of staff on various appointments; assist in the timely preparation and issuance of contract renewals and personnel action forms;
- Collect and research background information; draft routine correspondence; assist in the preparation of administrative reports;
- Maintain personnel files for staff, ensuring all documentation is complete; maintain and update confidential information and documents, and ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files;
- Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions;
- Train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit;
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Three years of relevant experience in administrative and/ or human resources support work
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English.