The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is found in Dhaka, Bangladesh Country Office. The job holder will report toHR Officer or the designate.
Job holder is expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holder is able to recommend a course of action within their area of expertise and may provide guidance to other staff.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and supervision of HR Officer, the HR Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in the recruitment process, i.e drafting VAs, corresponding with candidates, longlisting candidates, organizing tests and interviews, drafting NFRs and documentation;
- Extract and compile HR data for recruitment and selection to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Assist supervisor in national and international consultant recruitment, BIS, separation and others related;
- Collect monthly national staff timesheet, check and maintain time keeping, leave reports
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Assist supervisor in monitoring the contractual status of all staff on various appointments; and monitor within grade service increment schedules and ensure the timely preparation and issuance of contract renewals and personnel action forms;
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, experience certificates, salary certificates etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract extension, contract expiration etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Check and maintain personnel files for all staff, ensuring all documentation is complete and maintain and update confidential personnel information and documents, and ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files.
- Perform other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Strong preference will be given to those who have an advance level knowledge in MS Word and Excel. The ideal candidate will be both detailed-oriented, determined, proactive and impatient to get stuff done.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: University degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent) and/or Post Graduate Diploma in human resources management. Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in relevant subject is preferable.
- Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce periodic reports for supervisor(s).
- Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner and in line with compliance standards.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.