The position is based in FAO Representation in Islamabad, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, in close collaboration with Assistant FAO Representative (Administration), the Human Resources Assistant acts independently in routine matters in the area of HR. Supervision received is focused on the quality of the work performed and provides for on-the-job learning.
The Human Resources Assistant undertakes human resources tasks . He /she ensures quality, and consistency of functions and processes. The job role requires in-depth knowledge and interpretation of Human resources policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural and policy guidance to managers and staff in and outside the work unit.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Process recruitment cases of national (NPP/PSA/CL) personnel. Participate in the selection process, reviewing, interviewing applicants, arranging tests and interviews for candidates. Prepare selection reports and initiate contacts to obtain necessary clearance and endorsements. Prepare offers of employment with complete information on terms and conditions of service.
- Provide advice to clients concerning all human resource matters requiring extensive reference to FAO Manual on established practices and procedures and prepare correspondence and reports on these matters.
- Maintain complete and detailed personnel files of the national personnel staff of FAO.
- Process medical claims for NPP/PSA personnel.
- Follow up and verify for entitlements of other personnel ensuring accuracy.
- Manage leave entitlement and attendance record for all FAO projects and the Representation office.
- Process UNID cards for all staff.
- Administer the online HRMS database.
- Provide answers related correspondence and ensure that appropriate responses have been obtained.
- Collect background information and prepare administrative documentation in respect of post descriptions, requests for establishment and reallocation of posts and vacancy announcements.
- Prepare correspondence on own initiative or from brief instructions on matters related to personnel functions, entitlements, payments, etc.
- Answer queries on entitlements and personnel procedures
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree in Administration, Human Resources or related field
- Five years of progressively responsible administrative and office management experience
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- Being a National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Thorough knowledge of the essential elements of human resources activities and transactions, including corporate policies, rules and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of relevant corporate computerized administrative systems
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment.
- Working experience with UN and/or international organizations will be an asset.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
Selection Criteria: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment