The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
Provide technical Human Resources support as per DRC and local law regulations and procedures
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and compensations & benefits;
- Ensure staff recruitment and contracting process is in line with DRC procedure and the local labor law
- Check the received Recruitment Authorization Forms and documents.
- Prepare and post the Job Advertisements.
- Screen the received job applications, create a shortlist and share it with the hiring manager.
- Schedule and book meeting room for interviews/written tests. Call shortlisted candidates
- Handle the reference check of all levels of selected candidates and share the feedback with the hiring manager and Recruitment Officer
- Send rejection letters for not selected candidates through Talent Recruiter system
- Update recruitment tracker
- Draft contract and/or contract extension
People planning, performance, development and well-being:
- Monitor and update staff leave balance
- Ensure that all staff personnel records are properly maintained and regularly updated
- Update and maintain staff lists
- Ensure that DRC internal documents are filled in correctly
- Administrative tasks in relation to performance and development processes
- Administrative tasks in relation to staff development
- Support people well-being initiatives
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
- Associate degree or equivalent professional qualification in business administration, economics or human resources
- Minimum two years of human resources working experience including recruitment
- Good usage of Microsoft Programs (E.g. Excel and Word)
- Basic understanding of Syrian labor law
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency of the Arabic language
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Good communication skills.