All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability are attitudes and believe that shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing assistance in the day-to-day implementation of the operational aspects of the HR function. This includes assisting in implementing and following up on various policies and procedures related to contract management, personnel data management, general personnel management, data entry and reporting, filing and document management, time and attendance, and entry and exit.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies and the local Labor Law in all procedures and processes.
- Assist staff in the implementation of related policies, procedures, and standard NRC practices.
- Update staff records and files on a regular basis.
- Generate monthly records and reports.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Prepare, proofread, and administer contracts issuance and contracts renewal letters for all NRC Lebanon National staff, and ensure that all documents required are received, valid, and properly filed and archived.
- Prepare and proofread employment letters, work certificates, and any other kind of forms or templates needed or requested by staff.
- Support in the entry procedure for all new joiners by collecting the needed documents and creating employee files.
- Ensure that the HR system and all relevant tracking sheets are always updated and that data is verified and entered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain proper archiving of related files and documents for easy retrieval both in hard and soft copies, and ensure that staff personnel files are always up to date, error-free, properly archived, and tracked to avoid missing documents or files.
- Collect HR-related forms that contribute to the processing of payroll (e.g. DSA, Overnight, Overtime, etc.), and ensure these are followed up, documented in the corresponding logs, and properly archived and filed.
- Coordinate with the Line Manager on all HR requests coming from field HR and ensure findings and results are communicated in a timely manner.
- Perform data entry for various matters on the applicable logs and tracking sheets with accuracy and attention to details.
- Provide ideas and suggestions to improve the workflow and come up with proactive ways to ensure work is always timely and error-free.
- Carry out all assigned personnel and HR management activities as requested.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- NRC Beirut Staff
- Field HR Staff
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or any other related field
- 0 to 1 year of experience in the Human Resources function within related matters in personnel management and operational activities
- Fluency in both English and Arabic, written and spoken
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- Handling insecure environments