Human Resources Assistant
World Food Programme, Yaounde, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Under the direct supervision of HR Associate, the HR Assistant will undertake the following duties:
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis. Coordinate the implementation of WFP's Gender and Protection policy across all IT activities.
- Coordinate the implementation of WFP's Gender and Protection policy across all logistics activities.
- Perform any other related duty as may be required by WFP Management.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has managed and implemented HR policy and procedures in line with WFPs operating standards
- Has conducted specific HR Services activities such as payroll administration, aspects of recruitment and interviews administration
- Has provided ad-hoc guidance to less experienced staff members
- Has provided briefing to new recruits as part of the onboarding process
- Has gained experience working across a range of WFP contexts and with varying strategic priorities
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in human resources or related field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French.