Human Resources Assistant
World Food Programme , Bankok, Thailand
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand.World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Support and maintain the Regional Emergency rosters and support the RBB Emergency Project Initiative.
- Support in developing of local partnerships with universities, employment agencies, NGOs, etc.
- Coordinate with other units on preparedness, country information, HR guidelines, lessons learned, etc.
- Support the staffing response, drive delivery of necessary HR activities, i.e. fast local recruitment and advice to local HR.
- Monitor staff deployment for emergency, and handle related administrative actions for staff movement, and preparation of staff reports.
- Support in building knowledge of HR focal points on Emergency preparedness, response and deactivation protocols.
HR Management & Service Delivery
- Support in recruitment activities to gain complete knowledge and alignment with WFP corporate direction and Regional priorities.
- Work with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
- Prepare a range of HR documentation e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc. ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Support HR delivery of onboarding for new staff and works in partnership with Hiring Managers to ensure functional and cross functional on boarding is completed within the first 30 days of joining WFP.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business/Public Administration or related fields is an advantage.
- 5 or more year’s of responsible work experience in progressive Human Resources global/multinational organization with a minimum 2 year’s of experience in recruitment.
- Work experience in HR operations service delivery would be an added advantage.
- Experience in analysing HR information & reports is desirable.
- Good communication skills and understanding of HR principles and their application to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across and outside WFP to effectively understand and meet HR operational delivery requirements.
- Proficiency in advanced MS Office skills in Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Thai.