Under the overall direction of the Manager, Transaction Services Team and direct supervision of the HR Analyst, the HR Assistant works in close collaboration with other units of TST, programme and project staff in the Bangkok Regional Hub, Thailand Country Office of UNDP and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of HR strategies through:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Input to BRH business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Implements HR services through:
- Supports the team on recruitment of Fixed-Term Appointment, Temporary Appointment and Personnel Services Agreement;
- Assists with all stages of recruitment processes including job advertisement, screening of candidate applications, preparing relevant documentation required for written test/interviews, conducting reference checks, following up on academic qualifications, and liaising with HR Clustering Team for offer issuance, medical clearance and hiring process;
- Engages in Onboarding of personnel and supports supervisor with Exit clearance activities;
- Maintains proper filing system for HR records and documents;
- Tracks contract expirations (Fixed-Term Appointment, Temporary Appointment and Personnel Services Agreement);
- Assists in processing requisition and record of leave and absence of local staff.
- Processes clearances and necessary documents for separation;
- Provides information for cost-recovery for HR services provided by UNDP to other units or Agencies.
Provides general HR related support through:
- Drafts and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications;
- Assists in preparation of notes/reports;
- Assists in preparation of necessary documentation for distribution to various offices, departments and overseas offices.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in BRH through:
- Participation in training for the operations/programme/projects staff on HR issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. University Degree in HR, Business, Public Administration or related fields would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years for Secondary School, or 2 years for Bachelor’s Degree holder, of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of Atlas or other ERP system would be a distinct advantage.