Human Resources Associate
World Food Programme , Mauritania
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting against hunger in the world.
- WFP's mission is to help the world reach the Zero Hunger goal by 2030. Every day, WFP works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious foods they need to lead productive and healthy lives.
- Do you have experience in the field of human resources management? Would you like to develop your professional experience while helping to end world hunger?
- Would you like to join WFP, an organization that works to improve the living conditions of the most vulnerable populations? Do you want to join a global organization that invests in the development of its people?
- If your answer is yes, then this position is for you. An excellent opportunity to become a full member of a diverse and passionate team.
CONTEXT AND OBJECTIVE OF THE MISSION:
- The World Food Program (WFP) supports the efforts of the Mauritanian Government to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 2 “Zero Hunger” by 2030. In line with its mandate, WFP focuses on a dual objective of save lives and preserve livelihoods while promoting resilience capacities, both at national and local levels.
- The position holder will report to the Head of the Human Resources Unit or his / her Deputy.
- The incumbent will have to show initiative and use the knowledge acquired to answer questions independently when he / she only has general guidelines.
- She / he must use good judgment to deal with the unexpected on a daily basis. She / he is expected to contribute in the management of resources, support and coordination of the more junior staff of the unit.
- The incumbent will be expected to perform a full range of human resource management support services to ensure that WFP policies and procedures are implemented correctly and contribute to the effectiveness of human resources services focused on the needs of the beneficiaries of these services and adapted to the defined strategy.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help answer a wide range of complex human resources questions and follow up on actions that have been taken, to ensure that the human resources services provided are consistent and efficient.
- Allocate responsibilities and assist in the training and development of less experienced support staff to ensure that they have adequate knowledge of human resource management systems and procedures to enable them to perform their duties. functions and thus contribute to the provision of effective human resource services.
- Determine the evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes to be made to human resources management processes and procedures, in order to facilitate the improvement of human resources services.
- Analyze and respond to various internal and external questions to ensure that service recipients are properly informed and that the activities carried out by the human resources team align with the broader objectives of WFP.
- Examine and consolidate various data, in particular on the recruitment and selection of staff members, contractual conditions, rights, performance and training obligations and staffing levels, to facilitate analyzes and meet information needs.
- Support the activities carried out in the areas of work assigned by the relevant administrator, respecting the applicable processes and procedures.
- Facilitate the onboarding of new staff joining WFP to ensure that applicable procedures are followed and that those affected have been explained and understood the terms of employment.
- Write various complex documents relating to human resources, which are essential to the field of activity in question (employment contracts, letters of transfer or termination of service, documents concerning training, etc.), ensuring their accuracy and compliance deadlines.
- Use human resources management systems to enter and update various human resources data, including tracking various deadlines (contract expiration, staff appraisal and rating dates, payroll processing, etc.) , ensuring that deadlines are met and information is correct.
- Coordinate the management of confidential personnel files as well as human resources databases and archives to ensure that data and files are stored and maintained correctly in accordance with established standards.
- Oversee the deployment of staff and manage related administrative measures, such as reporting, to enhance the efficiency of human resource management services and thereby enable WFP to respond quickly to crises.
QUALIFICATIONS AND LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has experience of operating standards for human resource management services in various international humanitarian contexts;
- Good knowledge of IT tools and human resources management software;
- Having already trained, supported or managed a team is a plus.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Master's level in human resources, human / social sciences or related fields with at least two (02) years of relevant professional experience in the field of human resources; or License, DUT or any other equivalent diploma with at least four (04) years of relevant professional experience in the field of human resources;
- Or Baccalaureate, BEP or any other equivalent diploma with at least six (06) years of relevant professional experience in the field of human resources.