Human Resources Associate
UNDP - United Nations Development Programme, Bonn, Germany
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is UN Common System funded and is located in the Compensation and Classification Section, Human Resources Policy Service, Office of Human Resources Management, Department of Management. The functions associated with this position encompass the activities of setting salaries levels for locally recruited staff at Headquarter and in field duty stations serving in the United Nations Common system organizations. The Human Resources Associate reports to Human Resources Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and processes data pertaining to the conditions of service of locally recruited staff at headquarter and at field duty stations serving organizations of the United Nations common system;
- Constructs salary scales by carrying out interim salary surveys that require the review and analyses of data submissions, ensuring the submissions comply with established criteria and requesting additional information/clarifications, if necessary;
- Constructs scales related to comprehensive salary surveys, and prepares reports presenting the position of the comparator employers in the local labour market;
- Drafts routine correspondences to announce changes in salaries and allowances for review and approval by the Human Resources Specialist;
- Data Maintenance and upkeep of centrally managed reference tables for all aspects related to salaries and allowances of the locally recruited staff;
- Assists the designated human resources officers with regard to implementation of salaries and allowances.
- Assists in the organization and conduct of training courses and workshops relating to the salary survey methodology for non-headquarters duty stations;
- Provides logistics and administrative support to the team;
- Provides assistance in assembling relevant information for the preparation of the unit’s work programme and budget;
- Assists in monitoring and reporting of the budget/work programme with respect to various budgets on a regular basis;
- Assist in compiling data from relevant databases and prepares financial reports;
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds;
- Monitors billing and receipts from client UN entities, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures;
- Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions;
- Monitor the correspondences from the Generic email account;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Compensation and Benefits Management: Ability to plan, direct, coordinate, and implement compensation and benefits plans for the organization
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Ability to evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful manner
- Procurement: Ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source
- Quality Assurance: Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
- Training: Ability to ascertain need, plan, design, and execute training
- Relationship Management: Ability to engage with other parties and forge productive working relationships
- Knowledge Management: Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education;
- University degree would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Experience: 6 years of work experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area.
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.