Human Resources Associate
FHI 360, Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
Provides employee and Human Resources staff support in several functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, payroll, HRIS and training & development. Maintains employee hardcopy and softcopy HRIS files. Inputs employee personal data into human resources information system (HRIS) database and generates reports as needed for HR staff. Serves as initial point of contact for employees with questions related to their personal employee information. Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc. Conducts new-hire orientations and may handle or facilitate employee exit interviews. Prepares special reports using HRIS data that may include COBRA, OSHA, EEO and headcount. Coordinates interviews, maintains visa files and may provide updates to recruiting system files.
- Provides administrative support to the HR team in multiple areas (e.g HRIS, compensation, benefits, recruiting, payroll, and training & development) to include interview scheduling, payroll administration, orientation packet coordination, data tracking, routine immigration administrative issues, and respond to standard employee inquiries.
- Serves as back-up point of contact for employees with HR-related questions. Responds to Employee Service Center (ESC) requests.
- Processes forms and system updates related to new hires, change-of- status, performance evaluations, benefits changes, separations etc. Ensures employee data in HRIS is accurate.
- May conducts new-hire orientation and may assist with separation process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Errors may negatively impact departmental functions and deadlines.
- Works under direct supervision and follows specific instructions; work is subject to regular review.
- Does not change procedures without supervisor’s approval.
- High School/GED Diploma or its International Equivalent.
- 0-3 years of experience providing administrative support in an office setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS/Payroll systems.
- Vocational or specialized training.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO)