Human Resources Associate
United Nations Volunteers, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
- Review sourcing requests to help attract candidates. This includes analyzing job, reviewing office profile, diversity targets and any other information shared by Hiring Teams.
- Headhunt for relevant talent and fine-tune sourcing strategies as needed to deliver the right quality and quantity of talent ensuring diverse candidate slates are delivered.
- Leverage digital media tools like job boards, niche sites and the internet to find talent. As needed, leverage locally developed community partners who have been identified as sources for relevant talent.
- Support implementation of webinars and live events and campaigns for outreach and in reach in collaboration with relevant partners
- Ensure timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, considering qualifications, competencies, and post requirements.
- Maintain and update KPI, and relevant HR databases for effective reporting of HR activities
- Prepare long/short-list of candidates based on established criteria and add candidate summaries and share list with Hiring Teams.
- Responsible for developing/maintaining/mapping functional areas of expertise and creating selection criteria one-sheets.
- Prepare data and regular reports
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Human Resources, law, business administration/management, or equivalent
- Required experience: 12 Months
- One year of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in human resources management.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent