Myanmar is one of UNOPS’ leading offices in Asia, acting as fund manager for three of the largest development programmes in the country, namely the Three Millennium Development Goal Fund (3MDG), the Livelihood and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT) and the Joint Peace Fund (JPF). In addition, UNOPS is Principal Recipient for the Global Fund in Myanmar and for the Global Fund’s regional artemisinin-resistance initiative targeting drug resistant malaria in the greater Mekong sub-region. UNOPS provides procurement, infrastructure and project management services to a wide range of organizations in the country, including the Government of Myanmar, international development partners, other UN agencies, NGOs and INGOs. UNOPS plays a critical role in ensuring that the quality of services provided to its partners meets stringent requirements of speed, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the HR Specialist, the HR Associate provides HR support services at UNOPS Myanmar, ensuring high quality of work and accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented services. The HR Associate may supervise an HR Team Assistant. S/he promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme, Project and Operations personnel to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of HR strategies and procedures
- Recruitment processes
- Administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements
- Planning and development
- Staff development and training
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of HR strategies and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Contribution to the elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Implements UNOPS recruitment processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and implementation of a human resources management system in relation to planning, administering and monitoring of all matters related to human resources management concerning national and international staff and other UNOPS personnel
- Management of the recruitment process for international Consultants for the Regional Offices/Project Centres and projects;
- Review of incoming requests relating to recruitment, contract extensions, transfers, exchange or loan, and separation of staff, consultants, or contractors, ensuring documentation is complete and in conformity with HR policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of tracking tools to monitor recruitment status and other indicators for management and recruitment purposes.
- Monitoring and tracking of status of requests, initiating follow-up action to ensure selection review submission is timely accurate and contains complete documentation.
- Review of Requests for Personnel Action (RPA) forms to ensure correct budget allocation, and for separating staff, verification that no financial obligations are due to UNOPS;
- Review of consultants’ qualifications and experience and drafting of Terms of Reference; determination of daily remuneration to be paid in accordance with the established fee schedule;
- Briefing of staff and consultants regarding entry details and quick action to facilitate their taking up the assignment on a timely basis. Preparation of offer of appointment as well as the salary/fee computation for signature by the supervisor.
- Secure management of personnel records for all Regional Office/Project Centres and project International Staff, ensuring projects maintain same for project national personnel;
- Oral and written response to staff inquiries regarding their conditions of service; drafting of correspondence in relation to the inquiries for signature by designated Officer;
- Management/update of the staffing tables and provision of statistical summaries related to them, including arranging and keeping track of movements of UNOPS Regional Office/Projects Centre personnel;
- Logistical support for the recruitment of international staff for the office and to Operations Clusters in the overall recruitment of project staff
- Management of the CV/HR roster
Ensures efficient administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Establishment and implementation of a system for monitoring and tracking transactions to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus
- Research of precedents and analysis of merits of specific requests and presentation of recommendations/solutions to supervisor
- Briefing and guidance to clients and partners on the application, interpretation and applicability of the UN rules and UNOPS policies and procedures.
- Briefing to staff on the conditions of service related to contracts and/or appointments/transfers
- Establishment and maintenance of a staff monitoring system to ensure timely retrieval of information as required.
Ensures efficient planning and management of the HR unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Well prepared unit workplan
- Supervision of and distribution of assignments to HR Assistant
- Quality output of the unit
- Performance evaluation of locally-recruited staff
- Focal point for HR-related matters for the Regional Office/Project Centre
- Production of statistical reports and preparation of data required for policy and issues papers
- Counseling to staff (in the Regional Office and in projects) on HR-related issues
Provides support to staff development and training, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Planning, organizing and making logistical arrangements for workshops, corporate meetings and retreats
- Coordination of the collection of feedback on learning events and presentation of results for review purposes
- Design and presentation of training materials and course outlines
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in trainings for personnel on HR.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Education: Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR. University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Experience: 6 years progressive experience in supporting a human resource management area. Recruitment experience desirable. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language: Fluency in written and oral English and the Myanmar language required.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.