Human Resources Associate (Open to Egyptian Nationals Only)
UN Women, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Administer and implement HR strategies and policies in Country Office (CO):
- Ensure full compliance of records and reports with UN Women rules, regulations and HR policies and guidelines;
- Provide general, standard information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations;
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies; interpret processes and procedures, anticipate and manage operational requirements;
- Prepare written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
Provide HR administrative and logistical services:
- Provide general office support services, including: process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; maintain files/records, monitor deadlines;
- Provide administrative coordination in support of HR matters as appropriate, including renewal of UNLPs, visas; extension of contracts, administration of national benefits and allowances, administration of home leave entitlements;
- Implement recruitment processes, including drafting job descriptions, vacancy announcements, screening of candidates and participation in interview panels; provide advice to local recruitment in programmes/projects when necessary;
- Assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Input and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Monitor compliance with the performance appraisal review in CO and staff learning and development;
- Organize HR training courses, workshops, information sessions and consultations for staff;
- Facilitate responses to audit findings and recommendations;
- Maintain up-to-date personnel status files in a confidential and secure manner;
- Maintain regional staffing tables;
- Assume overall responsibility for attendance and leave management; record management; and mail and pouch.
Maintain data in relation to HR:
- Maintain, further develop and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner;
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases;
- Update position data in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (CoAs), update of CoA information and setting up vendors;
- Review and administer contracts/agreements, including non-staff contracts;
- Administer leave management and absence monitoring for the CO staff;
- Prepare personnel related reports as needed;
- Maintain staffing tables of CO;
- Validate payroll for national staff.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing on benefits and entitlements issues, learning and development and HR administration
- Organize information sessions on HR administration with staff and management;
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration;
- Liaise with HR headquarters in HR administration and staffing to disseminate information on a variety of HR matters;
- Liaise closely with outsourced service provider when necessary.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- Timely and accurate HR administration;
- Timely and accurate organization of recruitments;
- Timely and accurate information provision to staff on HR administrative and benefit and entitlement issues;
- Timely administrative service delivery to Country Offices;
- Up-to-date and secure databases, files and records.
- Completion of secondary education with specialized certification in HR;
- First level university degree in HR, Business or Public Administration, or International Relations is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in HR and/or administration at national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management system;
- Experience working in an international organization is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of one of the other UN official working languages is an asset.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=67837