Human Resources Business Partner
FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Consults and advises managers and staff in assigned client groups regarding relevant HR strategies, programs, initiatives, policies and practices in the areas of staffing, performance management and development, employee relations, work environment and compensation in order to maximize employee engagement within the company. May support country offices as well to provide specific focus on building capacity with country HR staff and ensuring systems are in place to properly support country specific HR needs.
- Provides advice and consultation to management on HR matters.
- Works with management and recruiting partners to ensure employment and sourcing systems are implemented that meet the demands of the company’s current and future skill needs.
- Provides compensation support including assisting in the education and interpretation of programs for managers and staff.
- Supports the annual salary adjustment process, promotion and equity reviews for assigned client group.
- Educates and supports management and staff in implementation of HR programs and practices.
- Investigates and resolves routine employee relations issues.
- Facilitates the performance assessment and on-going performance management process to ensure alignment of individual performance with company goals.
- Conducts HR trend analysis and reporting activities to identify opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Collaborates with HR, staff and management in a team oriented environment.
- Supports the development of HR team goals.
- Trains staff and management on use of HR communication and analytical tools such as Employee Service Systems (ESS) and Management Service Systems (MSS).
- Manages all areas of HR generalist administration, policy interpretation, employee complaints, corrective action procedures, hiring/terminations support and compensation.
- Reviews the accuracy and timeliness of data in the Human Capital Management System for client groups.
- Participates in ongoing organization design as new business is acquired and proposed.
- Conducts exit interviews, reviews turnover data and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Facilitates the development of action plans and monitor progress in response to employee engagement surveys.
- Enhances organization learning and development by facilitating HR related training programs and group discussions on various topics for staff and management.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive working knowledge of HR procedures and processes for: on-boarding, staffing, compensation, benefits, HRIS, and employee relations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations. Understands impact if regulations are not followed.
- Serves as an advisor to employees and line management on internal organizational structure, HR policies, and procedures.
- Skills with ESC and HRIS database operations and reporting. Able to handle issues, thus minimizing impact.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and HRIS / Payroll systems. A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Provides seasoned guidance on pay- related questions, annual performance review, and merit processes.
- Presents, and defends, oral and written testimony on complex issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive HR issues/projects.
- Ability to handle oral and written communications independently. Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities for self and manage time to achieve goals / complete projects on or ahead of due date.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Independently coordinates and advises on issues and projects for HR office.
- Serves as a resource; leads project teams or others on moderate to complex subject matters.
- Recommends and develops solutions to HR-related issues.
- Recommends and/or takes corrective action when necessary based on acquired knowledge and observation of best practices.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives will negatively affect the administration of Human Resources objectives.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 7-10 years of experience providing full range of HR generalist support in a medium to large organization.
- Demonstrated experience with technology, research and building relationships among several organizational teams to resolve problems and initiate improvements.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- 3-5 years of experience in a consultative role preferred.
- Experience with an international organization preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Certification of PHR or SPHR preferred.