Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
The Human Resources Business Partner, Headquarters (HQ) will support, manage and coordinate the delivery of human resources services and programs to the DC Headquarter teams. This position will engage in supporting employee lifecycle and foster an employee oriented, high performing culture that emphasizes excellence and collaboration She/he will ensure best practices in various areas including recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, benefits administration, and employee engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Management
- Manage HR policies, programs and practices relating to employment, employee relations, performance, L&D, compensation, benefit, ethics, offboarding to support HQ staff
- Manage the delivery of employee services to HQ staff
- Manage the compensation and reward programs for the US office, conduct periodic salary surveys, perform job evaluation, analyzes compensation, monitors salary increases to ensure competitiveness, compliance and equity
- Supervise the compensation administration and payroll preparation as well as the organization’s benefit programs (retirement plans, leave policies, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance) and related systems
- Support staff engagement and a cohesive organizational culture by managing periodic engagement surveys, monitor results and related action plans. Represent HR in the Culture Committee
- Ensure adherence to HR regulatory compliance, new hire reporting requirements ensuring data quality, timeliness, and file retention as well as HRIS accuracy
- Provide guidance to HQ staff and managers on HR policies, performance management, and employee relations. Conducts training on HR policies and Code of Conduct
- Advise managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues. Conduct effective and objective investigations if required
- Maintain HQ HR policies, procedures and tools. Contribute to the development and revision of global organizational policies and procedures
- Prepare and communicate timely regular monthly, quarterly and annual HR reports and metrics
- Liaise with department vendors
Mentor and supervise HQ HR junior staff.
Recruitment and Onboarding
Lead recruitment for all employees for HQ hiring; facilitates process of candidate selection; interviewing; extend job offer; supervise reference checks, background and terrorist checks.
Supervise New hire Onboarding and HR orientation programs.
Perform other duties as assigned
All our staff are required to adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies and to our organizational values: Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other relevant field
- 5 to 7 years of related experience in recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance management and employee relations required. Preference for advanced HR Generalist experience
- Familiar with relevant Federal & State/District laws governing HR
- Experience with an international organization preferred
- Experience and fluency with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Strong judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills, including prioritization, project management, and critical evaluation
- Strong customer service, relationship and interpersonal skills, including consultation and advisory skills, cultural awareness, and ethical practice
- HR certification (SPHR, GPHR) considered a plus
- Ability to travel as required
May require bending, lifting, standing, sitting, computer work, etc