The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This role will be based at the World Food Programme Ethiopia Country Office.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Experience: Typically three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
We are searching for a highly-motivated self-starter to join our Ethiopia Country Office HR team as a HR consultant focused on Organizational Learning, Talent Development, Employee Engagement and Culture. This position will play a key role in the creation and execution of the organization’s learning programs, Careeer development, diversity and inclusion initiatives, performance management and Organizational culture tramsformation program
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You’re a born leader: You are comfortable leading as well as working in collaborating with a team. You can take a project and make it your own – you exemplify the winning behavior.
- You’re a strategy guru: You will develop and implement the Learning and culture strategy and determine the best methods to execute with excellence.
- You’re a teacher: You will activate global learning programs and delivery mechanisms for geographic specific learning curricula – Development First!
- You’re a culture& change champion: You will work with the HR Team and Leadership to implement the improved Performance Agenda for your WFP colleagues. – Be the change you want to see in the world!
- You are about Innovation and Creativity: You will build excitement and passion around simple but creative and innovative ideas in the Learning, Development and employee engagement portfolio
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Head of HR, the CST will have the following responsibilities:
- Reinforce a performance culture via the WHAT and HOW of Performance Management (PACE) particularly on how it be used more effectively in the design and delivery of country-wide Learning and Development Plan.
- Lead and facilitate Functional & Field offices PACE learning sessions, reinforcing rigor & quality conversations, Line of sight between individual goals and ETHCO WFP goals.
- Link performance to Individual learning and development to Country Learning Development plan.
- Develop and implement the CO learning plan focusing on the 70% on the job opportunity and 20% through mentoring and coaching program.
- Support and share best practices in skill building of both leaders and staff to other leaders in earlier phases of transition.
Culture and engagement:
- Support the Country teams in Internalizing living & embedding the WFP inspirational Values, Standard of Conduct and Ethics guidance in the daily life of employees
- Implement high impact Global Staff Survey Actions.
- In liaison with the Culture, Behaviour & transformation work-stream, implement the actions to support realization of an enabling culture for IRM roll out in Ethiopia
- To assist Country Office to identify wellness elements required for successful change process.
- To assist Country Office to drive the cultural shift from process-focused to outcome-focused performance management.
- Together with the Country Office Gender Results Network, define orientations and actions to enhance the working environment for female employees, contributing to higher attraction and retention of women
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high calibre workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities linked to the Intergraded Road Map (Interim Country Strategic Plan) to enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to align to the Country Office activities.