For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
MdM has been working in Pakistan since 1996. The organization currently implements 3 main projects:
- A post emergency program focusing on access to health care for the populations afflicted by the conflict in KPK and/or natural disasters. MdM is operating in 4 districts of KPK (Kohat, Hangu, Tank, DI Khan) and implements both short-term or long-term response according to the needs and IDPs movements in the province.
- A long term program focusing on Family Planning and Prevention of Unwanted Pregnancies in Punjab province
- Operation smile mission gives priority to the treatment of sequels of burns to women victims of violence. Twice a year, a surgery team provide access to plastic surgery through a partner hospital in Islamabad.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: You work under the supervision of the general coordinator and in close collaboration with other coordinators of the mission. You will ensure the implementation of the HR policy in the mission and give technical support to the national staff on HR procedures.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Develop a comprehensive HR policy, ensure that the policy is in line with Pakistani labor and tax laws, MdM values and approved by HQ.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the HR policy and ensure that all staff are informed and trained about the new HR policy.
- Develop, harmonize and follow-up the HR tools.
- Update and follow-up the overall HR procedures and documents.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to the national team on HR procedures.
- Train the HR national officer on the general HR administration procedures.
- Contribute to disciplinary measure and propose adequate response, in support to the line manager.
- Participate in the recruitment of HR officers, provide them support and conduct regular performance evaluation.
- Participate in coordination meetings and organize HR department meetings.
- Contribute to the elaboration of different reports providing relevant HR data.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Diploma in Human Resources Management;
- Experience of 1 year minimum in a similar position with an I.NGO is required (with MDM is an asset);
- Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a moving and difficult legal context;
- Excellent computer skills in Excel particularly (database management)
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Ability to provide training
- Ability to work under stressful situation and to live in tense conditions
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills; Good team spirit
Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written) Urdu, Pashtun or French is an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.