Human Resources Generalist
International Republican Institute, Washington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Human Resources team at IRI is involved navigating IR’s workforce as we navigate uncharted waters as an Institute. As a Generalist with IRI you will have the opportunity to support Employee Engagement and Employee Relations related matters and this experience will provide you the chance to use your unique skillset in shaping the nature of Human Resources and our people operations at IRI. You will be an operational executor with an ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively in support of staff concerns while balancing this delivery of strategic and thoughtful insight into how IRI successfully operates as a leader in supporting democracies throughout the globe.
- Bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent experience in HR.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in a comparable Human Resources or services related role.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws including ADA, EEO, FMLA, Title VII, wage and hour laws, benefits; solid understanding of human resources policies and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and communicate with staff at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong team player.
- Experience and competency in HRIS a must; proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Great attention to detail, ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with HRIS programs. Preference for UltiPro experience.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Individual will be responsible for providing guidance and support on employee survey’s, exit interviews, pulse checks, other.
- Deliver strategic input to develop and manage a HR communications strategy/calendar, in conjunction with HR functional experts, and manage a calendar to support outreach on communications.
- Operating with discretion and judgement, individual will provide primary support and lead on employee relations and compliance issues as they arise throughout the Institute.
- With effective verbal and written communication, individual will provide management updates on performance and disciplinary issues.
- As an operational executor, individual will deliver sound guidance on a variety of policy interpretation and create and communicate updates to relevant policy issues
- Operating as a seasoned HR Generalist, individual will deliver inputs into HR processes such as performance management, the IRI Annual Survey, IRI’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, and others
- As a customer service representative, individual will delivery timely support and counsel to staff on a variety of issues in an employee and solutions focused manner with a customer service orientation.
Required: 5-7 years: Minimum 5-7 years experience