Human Resources HUB Director
World Vision, El Salvador
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide strategic leadership and advice to National Offices El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua in the area of People & Culture, organizational development by maximizing the potential of WV’s human resources and increasing organizational performance to fulfill WV’s mission & vision while remaining true to its core values. Support the National Directors (NDs) and offices leaders in developing leadership capacity in each office, furthering executive and professional development of staff. This position directly supervises People & Culture manager of the three offices.
- Leadership, Capacity Development and Strategic Partnering
- Provide strong and positive leadership P&C teams within the HUB,ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
- Coordinate professional and personal development for staff in P&C Unit, through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities
- Provide strategic advice to the NDs and senior leadership teams in order to enable well informed decision making processes.
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership and support spiritual development of his/her team.
- Actively participate in the Senior Management/ Leadership team meetings of the NOs that are part of the Hub.
- Promotes and creates a team work, collaborative and integrated environment in his/her areas within the HUB of continues improvement of processes.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic regional meetings.
- Develop strong networks internally (other NOs, SOs, GC and partnership entities) and externally (other NGOs, communities, etc.) through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
- Adhere to WVI and Regional key policy documents – mission, core values.
- Responsible for stablish execute individual development plans for his-her directed reports and warranty succession plans are defined for P&C key National positions.
- Ensure adequate reporting and analysis for efficiency and effectiveness measures trough:
- Prepare plans and budgets for human resources department.
- Ensure proper: Compensation and Benefits budgets, Salary scales and compensation management.
- Evaluate, implement and apply P&C policies and procedures across the HUB.
- Ensure that identified training needs are met at the least cost.
- Manage the training budget for the office together with departments
- Organizational Development and Culture
- Review and develop appropriate organizational designs and effective structures.
- Build Change Management capacity in the NO of the HUB as appropriate.
- Contextualize, promote and support systems, services and programs for employee well-being.
- Implement organizational culture climate audits engaging leadership to implement corrective actions through P&C teams in NO of the HUB.
- Conduct the Partnership local satisfaction and engagement initiatives and lead efforts to respond to issues surfaced through P&C teams in NO of the HUB.
- Ensure Employee Relations policies and programs are implemented in NO of the HUB and provide advice to senior managers at the HUB.
- Develop leader´s capacity in nurturing a culture of high trust and accountability
- Performance Management of Staff
- Manage the hiring and termination of P&C Managers in NO of the HUB and is consulted on other P&C staff.
- Ensure proper processes for performance reviews in NO of the HUB.
- Ensure Individual Development Plans are implemented in NO of the HUB.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to the Senior Management Team and P&C managers on key issues related to staff performance, including staff grievance and disciplinary action processes.
- Facilitate and track initiatives of talent management and leadership growth.
- Compensation, Benefits and Total Rewards
- Ensure that the compensation infrastructure is aligned with WVI´s Total Rewards Philosophy.
- Develop national compensation and benefits strategies that attract, motivate, drive performance and recognize top talent.
- Provide oversight for the establishment/periodic review of the local salary scale and the ranges for each grade.
- Provide strategic planning for movement of staff to appropriate positioning of salary ranges.
- Employee Relations & Managing Diversity
- Deep comprehension of Partnership Employee Relations practice and policies.
- Implements and ensure compliance of WVI employee policies in NO of the HUB.
- Conduct, organize and oversee Investigations originated through Ethics Point or IIM.
- Ensure reporting and informs on Ethics and/or IIM.
- Coach and advice on local and general employment laws.
- Manage all aspects of high risk cases including litigations.
- Provide guidance to senior managers on labor issues and changes in statutory requirements
- Apply appropriate escalation and reporting rules in high risk cases
- Support Management at all levels in ensuring healthy work/home balance, staff well-being, security and appropriate arrangement for stress management
- Promote a work environment that demonstrates fairness, openness and equity
- Staffing, Workforce Planning and Diversity
- Ensure a leading edge recruitment and selection process is in place to attract and select top talent whilst maintaining local and global standards, processes and policies.
- Ensure efficient recruitment processes in place and participates in selection of key roles for National Offices in his/her HUB.
- Ensure annual Workforce Plans are well conducted in NO of the HUB.
- Lead the creation of an orientation and on-boarding strategy that will drive retention by orienting and engaging new employees.
- Evaluate and escalate NO’s major issues of diversity/discrimination and conflict.
- Staff Care and Well-Being
- Take lead in identifying staff care and wellbeing gaps and how to address them.
- Develop a staff care and wellbeing programs and initiatives.
- Model and promote wellness in the workplace, life balance, servant leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor´s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or a related field
- MBA in Business Administration, Organizational Development or related field preferred
- Proficiency in English as a second language
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources leadership position
- Regional or Multi-country teams management experience is required.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of local labor laws of countries within the HUB
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Must be able to lead and manage virtual teams.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player who is detail-oriented
- Ability to function in a cross cultural environment and able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities and observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally
- Able to use executive influence and negotiation skills
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.