Human Resources Intern
Fhi 360, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
The Human Resources Intern will assist in providing administrative and technical support to Human Resources (HR) Team in functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HR Software, and training. The incumbent will report to the Associate Director, Enterprise Services.
- Assist develop and continuously review the effectiveness and quality of recruitment policy, procedures and strategies to incorporate diversity and equity.
- Assist in development and implementation of HR record keeping system, consultant database, and internal systems for training and development of staff.
- Assist in recruitment of national staff, Temporary and, employment contracts.
- Work with Human Resources Manager to establish record keeping systems.
- Assist coordinate with colleagues for the organization of mail and meetings (internal and external to HR), and employee events.
- Assist with coordination for communications for assigned programs, e.g., compiling a variety of packets (orientation, exit, benefit, provident fund), addressing employee questions (e.g., completing claim and medical/dependent care forms).
- Assist with coordination of employee program activities (e.g., annual enrollment, training).
- MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to manage a large volume of work independently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, attention to detail, quality and deadline.
- Ability to research and analyze internal and external data sets
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
- Working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work and get along well as a member of a team.
- Excellent planning, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities
- Working knowledge of work authorization issues, employment and government regulations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- An ongoing or recently completed Bachelor’s degree with a major in Human Resources Management or Business Management .
- 0-2 years of experience in a related field of study.
- Demonstrated capacity to think critically, solve complex problems, and orally articulate in a clear and concise manner.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize his/her own work with the minimal supervision.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software packages, especially MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint