Human Resources Intern
United Nations Development Programme, Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
The UNDP Human Resources unit requires Intern to help in carrying out various HR related functions in the unit. Under the director supervision of HR Associate, the HR Intern will carry out following specific tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in carrying out the HR administrative functions for various recruitment processes for CO, projects and agencies viz; prepare vacancy announcements; pre-screening of the applications, listing of applicants’ details; coordination for written exam and interview; sending reference checks; preparation of documentation for various processes;
- Proper filing of HR documents.
- Entering personnel data in HRIS.
- Support in digitization and archiving of recruitment documents.
- Perform any other duties, as required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality concerning financial and employee files;
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion;
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme Master’s degree or equivalent, or higher;
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of Bachelor’s level or equivalent;
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Language Requirements: Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Nepali languages.