Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is a United Nations body responsible for infrastructure, procurement and project management (General Assembly Resolution 65/176 of 2010). Our mission is to help people improve their living conditions and countries to achieve peace and sustainable development. The three priority areas of UNOPS correspond to:
- Sustainable Infrastructure: UNOPS designs, builds, repairs and maintains infrastructure in some of the most challenging environments in the world. Its activities are focused on the development of transportation, education and health infrastructure, among other areas.
- Public procurement: UNOPS is a central procurement resource for the United Nations system and governments. It emphasizes an efficient, transparent and sustainable delivery of goods and services.
- Project management: UNOPS manages more than a thousand humanitarian, development and peacebuilding projects per year for different partners, ensuring quality, effectiveness and results that meet the highest standards.
UNOPS work seeks environmental, social and economic sustainability, which contributes to the progress of equity and the common good of the countries in which it operates, thus promoting the improvement of the living conditions of those most in need. UNOPS has a presence in 23 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. The services, products and technical assistance comply with the public administration principles of transparency, equity, integrity, free competition, impartiality, morality, effectiveness, efficiency and respect for national institutions.
- Under the coordination and monitoring of the El Salvador Human Resources Officer, the area intern will collaborate in the development of the following activities / tasks:
Support for the implementation of HR services
- Provide support in the review and analysis of documents and formats, as well as in the standardization of the common file of the regional human resources network.
- Collaborate with the management of the Human Resources site on the intranet and the Team Drive on Google Drive.
- Support in the translation of documentation into English
- Participate in the regional Human Resources Network.
- Assist in the systematization of information relevant to the development of human resources processes.
Provide support in selection and outreach processes
- Assist in the execution of candidate search activities for vacancies throughout the region.
- Collaborate in personnel hiring processes
- Participate in interviews and assist in taking minutes.
Support in training and development process
- Support with the standardization of agendas and induction material
- Support with the monitoring and implementation of training activities organized at the regional level.
- Any other function that the area manager deems should be performed.
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- It is required to be currently studying the last cycles or to be a graduate of university programs in Administration, Psychology and the like. (no more than three years of graduate at the time of application) .
- It will be valued to provide a university degree at the level of bachelor's degree in Administration or Psychology.
- Preferably have done other internships or volunteering.
Providing experience will be valued:
- in public entities and / or government agencies.
- experience in human resources.
- Proficiency is required in handling computers and office software packages, such as documents, spreadsheets, preferably Google Suite or MS Office, in turn.
- Spanish language fluency / fluency
- English language proficiency at intermediate level