Human Resources Officer
WFP, Baghdad, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
To deliver professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers, and other stakeholders as necessary, to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes and deliver HR operational activities or projects following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building by working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high calibre workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting to support a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: First university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant fields.
- Experience: 5 or more years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Sound knowledge of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a team.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Talent acquisition experience ideally within a fast-moving, highly dynamic organization.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with human resources counterparts, managers and staff within HQ/regional/country office.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Ability to explain the rationale for human resources decisions and to gain buy-in from different stakeholders.