IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent. Led by the Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Resources, the IFC HR team delivers products and support that meet the business needs of IFC across the following areas:
Client Services – offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and management globally;Talent and Incentives – designs best practice HR solutions in onboarding, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, incentives and awards, and leadership development;Strategic Initiatives – manages key HR initiatives, such as Board engagement, fragile and conflict states, workforce planning, position management and people analytics and reporting; andEmployment Framework and Recruitment – designs and implements HR programs in the areas of HR strategy, policies and procedures, departmental project and knowledge management, diversity and inclusion, and talent acquisition.
The IFC HR Talent and Incentives team has an exciting opportunity for a HR Officer, to join an energetic, results-driven team, to support the design and implementation of key initiatives to strengthen the talent and career management approach in IFC.
The selected candidate will play a key role to design, implement and monitor projects and initiatives to achieve optimal balance of providing consistent talent management practices and enabling each employee to take ownership of their own career development. Achieving optimal balance of these two elements is of paramount importance to the IFC to strengthen its position as an employer of choice in this agile and constantly evolving business environment.
The desired candidate should possess strong project management skills and proven track record of developing relevant processes and tools. The strategic role fulfilled by the officer will involve researching latest academic studies and benchmarking best practices from various sectors. The work program requires broad understanding of inter-related relationships of various processes and tools practiced in talent and career management, as well as strong client relationship management and teamwork. The HR Officer will be based in Washington, DC and will report to the Manager, HR Talent and Incentives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drawing on strong project management skills and experience, contribute to the development and implementation of talent and career management tools and resources including, but not limited to, employee integration programs such as mentoring, career path illustrations, performance evaluation, talent evaluation, etc.).
- Conduct benchmarking studies, research latest academic studies and follow up-to-date industry trends to identify solutions to implicit and explicit challenges in achieving effective human capital management practices that are fit to the business environment and culture of IFC.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of programs implemented through trend analysis of program outcomes, interviews with management and staff, etc.
- Engage with staff across IFC and liaise with relevant consultants and vendors.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to HR Client Services teams, staff and managers across all levels.
- Partner with other members of the HR Talent & Incentives and Client Service teams to design and develop HR initiatives to support the strategic priorities of IFCParticipate in horizontal projects and perform other duties as requested
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Science, Organizational Management, Human Resources Management or related field, with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience (prior experience working in international organizations or multi-national corporations is a plus.).
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to provide reports, analyze data, draw conclusions and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Strong understanding of relevant core HR areas to build an integrated framework of employee value propositions aligned with the culture and business environment of the Organization.
- Good understanding of processes and tools to design effective employee integrations, learning propositions and mobility management.
- Good understanding of the practical use of concept derived from behavioral science to positively influence compliance and/or engagement of employeesSkills in using digital platforms to author, publish and deliver digital learning solutions for career and learning development are plus.
- Superb planning, coordination and organizational skills.Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective collaboration skills across teams and organizations.
- A positive attitude, strong results orientation and high degree of initiative and responsiveness.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high-stakes and often stressful environment.Ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, and attend to details while staying focused on key priorities.
- Ability to confidently interact with senior management as well as create trusting working relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization.