The National HR Officer (NOA) will be based in our Cairo, Egypt Regional Bureau supporting the Middle East region mainly with tasks related to Talent Acquisition, Contract Management and Onboarding. They will develop, gain support for, and implement the approaches needed to identify, attract, and acquire the best talent to meet WFP’s business needs. They will also support the delivery of a professional client focused HR service, parternering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities. The ideal candidate has a deep passion for talent acquisition; constantly thinks about how to introduce new methods and ideas for identifying and engaging top talent; and successfully enlists support from the business for talent attraction, networking and employer branding engagement initiatives and a strong knowledge of the various aspect of talent management.
- Contribute to the development of effective talent acquisition strategies by using new technologies, social media, software and networks, to identify, attract, and hire the best talent in support of WFP strategic goals.
- Stay up-to-date on new media tools, best practices, and share knowledge of these best p ractices with HR team members of the Middle-East Region, to improve talent acquisition in the region.
- Partner with managers to understand their specific functional staffing needs a nd implement solutions to meet these needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Articulate WFP’s employee value proposition to enhance visibility and reputation in k ey sourcing channels by carrying out impactful and targeted employer branding activities.
- Build partnerships, develop and maintain strong relati onships that include outreach to schools, institutions of higher learning, target diversity organizations, professional associations and other recruiting sources to ensure sourcing produces a strong talent pipeline.
- Review and streamlin e the recruitment process through straight forward data analysis and putting forward some simplifications to contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
- Contribute to preparation of a regular, accurate report (ie a dynamic dashboard) on the talent acquisition activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Increase the quality of applicant flow, including both internal and external, pa ssive and active candidates and ensure local implementation across the region.
- Handle full cycle recruitment for the p ositions in the RBC.
- Contribute to the effective management of the employme nt relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structure and jobs and allocate people to the right place in order to improve efficiency
- Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new RBC employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization. Share good practices region-wide.
- Other duties as required.
- Ensure timely recruitment for RBC new employees with a high retention rate during the first 2 years
- Create a positive onboarding experience for new joiners
- Issue employment documentation in a timely and qualitative manner
- Strengthen the knowledge and skills of HR Colleagues in the region in terms of Talent Acquisition, Onboarding and Contract Management
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Typically five or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources (in Talent Acquisition) with strong expertise in recruitment/selection and with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English language and in Arabic
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the Egyptian and Middle-Eastern Employment Market
- Knowledge of Talent Acquisition best practices – latest trends (Sourcing, EVP, Selection methodologies, Onboarding, Retention, etc)
- Customer Orientation at any times and very proficient communication skills (verbal – written)
- Ability to transfer knowledge, best practices to colleagues in a context-relevant and credible way
- Strong analytical – reporting skills to compile, maintain, analyze and prepare strong people reports to draw some (initial)
- conclusions and help key stakeholders make some informed decisions
- Curiosity to learn, challenge the status quo and positive drive