Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Summary: Provides administrative support to the financial management, audit, analysis and communications of Pathfinder’s total pay and rewards programs. Coordinates and supports health and welfare plans, retirement and wellness programs. Works with HR Analyst in coordinating the implementation and administration of global compensation policies and programs. Special projects to the rollout of or adherence to Global HR strategies, programs, initiatives and processes.
Key Job Outcomes:
- New Hire Orientation and Onboarding: Assists in benefits orientation sessions for new employees.
- Manages all benefit vendor relationships.
- Data Entry: Audits new hire benefit elections and benefit changes on HRIS and audits for accuracy.
- Documentation Preparation and Maintenance: , Manages the annual Domestic Retirement Plan audit. Maintains all benefit and compensation related policies and procedures. Participates in the completion of benefit surveys and compensation surveys.
- Communications: Participates in research and preparation of communications related to total reward policies and processes. Coordinates the plans and communications for employee events and major benefit changes.
- Processing, Filing, Maintenance and Auditing: Manages the auditing and processing of all benefit vendor invoices. Works with vendors to resolve employee benefit issues. Sets up and maintains employment files and all other forms in compliance with legal guidelines. Files all benefit paperwork into employee HIPPA files. Keeps files organized and up to date. Audits and transmits domestic and international retirement payroll files to vendors. Maintains up to date international census of all local national employees and dependents
- Research, Benchmarking and Analysis: Researches and analyzes local country benefit programs. Participates in job evaluation and salary benchmarking data for all positions.
- Coordination of Compensation and Benefits Programs: Ensures compliance of local country benefit programs with global benefit standards. Partners with management to administer domestic and international open enrollments. Lends administrative support to Talent Management during the annual performance appraisal and merit process. Helps train global Talent Management staff in completion of compensation surveys.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
- Support: Supports the development and implementation of HR Initiatives, strategies, programs and processes to ensure alignment across all offices.
Required Key Competencies:
- Employee Life Cycle from Recruitment through Separation: Foundational knowledge of systems, processes and procedures specific to attracting, interviewing, selecting, onboarding, developing and separating employees.
- Human Resources Information System: Foundational knowledge of the system components, and in particular compensation and benefits administration.
- Research and Analysis: Foundational skills in data research and analyses.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues that may be outside the individual’s area of expertise.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. In-depth demonstrated customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: Ability to communicate, collaborate with diverse stakeholders and achieve operational outcomes.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated ability to learn and commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field; or a combination of education and work experience that yields the required competencies
- 3 years related experience, including experience in a global organization
- Prefer: Experience in non-profit organizations
Ability to occasionally lift up to 10 lbs; ability to travel within a large territory on an airplane, automobile or alternate means of transportation
- Travel (10% or less)
- Cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer