UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
How can you make a difference:
The HR Officer reports to Operations Manager for close guidance, training and supervision. The Officer provides support to the supervisor and colleagues in the unit by executing HR services through applying knowledge of theoretical HR models, as well as understanding of organizational HR policies and procedures.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Through research of policies and analysis of data, provide support to the HR Business Partner in advising their clients on HR-related needs and developing subsequent plans of action.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
- Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
Strategic Human Resources:
- Liaise with the HQ Divisions, regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
Support to Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services:
- Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
Learning and Capacity Development:
- In collaboration with business owners, support the design and delivery of learning plans for staff.
- Contribute to the mapping of competencies for all staff included in the assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
- Research on efficient and cost-effective learning products which enable staff to develop their skills and competencies.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Provide orientation briefing to new staff.
HR Data Analytics:
- Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
Recruitment Requirements & Qualification:
- A University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
- Two years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.