The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- We are looking for a highly qualified and dynamic HR Officer P4 to join the AskHR and Knowledge Management Unit (HRMOA) of HR Division, based in Rome HQ.
- The purpose of this position is to deliver a professional, high-quality, client-focused HR Operations service worldwide.
In order to equip HR to provide this high-quality service, the position is responsible for the creation of an “HR knowledge bank”, to supply and maintain an in-depth knowledge base of WFP entitlements and benefits, to ensure their consistent execution and administration globally (approximate 6,000 staff) under the applicable regulations, rules, policies and practices, and to lead the planning and delivery of professional, client-focused HR services and/or provide technical advice and support in HQ/RBs, partnering with senior managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Guide and direct the dedicated HR specialist team in HQ for the efficient and effective delivery of Entitlements and Benefits for the International Professional and Higher Category Staff, HQ/Liaison support staff and Field National staff.
- Plan, design and deliver the “outreach programmes” for the HR Operations function in WFP Offices globally.
- Lead the design/redesign of HR processes worldwide for the implementation of HR operational tools to meet local objectives and support WFP strategic goals.
- Provide expert technical advice and support to employees, HR community globally and senior management, to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate initiatives/decisions, strategic goals and/or UN mandates.
- Resolve complex, intricate and sensitive employee entitlements/servicing issues.
- Provide capability building, equipping teams with the specialist skills and knowledge to meet current and future requirements/challenges.
- Responsible for the HR Operations Knowledge Management, supplying an HR Operations Knowledge Base for current and future needs.
- Provide historical perspective, enabling informed HR Operations decision making vis a vis corporate financial liabilities and risks.
- Lead and motivate a HR team to effectively deliver on their different roles.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree or professional diploma with extensive years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- At least eight years (of which three international) of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
- Significant experience of managing and coordinating teams of staff with varied areas of HR Operational expertise in HQ and in the Field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of UN HR rules and regulations.
- Solid and in-depth knowledge and understanding of the functionality of an HR master database, and the interdependency with other related systems/modules (e.g. travel, finance, payroll).
- Proven ability to be a collaborative and transformational advisor and an innovative problem solver.
- Sound understanding of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes and specialized knowledge in HR Operations.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a large team.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate with the wide range of key stakeholders and adapt communication style to different situations.
- Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN specific processes and systems.
- Business acumen and commercial understanding.
- Project management skills.
- Strong initiative-taker and demonstrated ability to take independent decisions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to design develop, manage and implement HR policies, procedures and new programmes.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.