Human Resources Officer
UN Children's Fund, Nepal
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Human Resources Manager and the Chief of Section, the Human Resources Officer will provide support to the Regional office, as well as Country office HR teams in the planning, coordination, monitoring, administration and evaluation of all learning activities. The incumbent will also support the capturing of innovations and lessons learnt to strengthen knowledge management, and promotion of learning best practices within the Regional office and across South Asia Region country offices.
Learning and Capacity Development
- In collaboration with business owners, support the design and delivery of learning plans for staff.
- Organize group trainings and learning activities, deliver them personally or draft terms of reference, liaise with training providers and handle administrative details.
- Support the management of third-party vendors in the design, development and delivery of learning programmes (both face-to-face and online), and maintain the Regional roster of facilitators and training providers.
- Keep abreast of developments and new trends in training and learning, within and outside the UN common system and import innovative training methodologies and solutions. Work closely with the internal training network to strengthen organizational learning environment.
- Manage the administration and maintenance of learning content owned by ROSA on AGORA.
- Develop and maintain regular reports on attendance and popularity of existing training programmes, monitor and analyze staff feedback, propose revisions as necessary.
- Collect, analyse and report on learning needs and training adoption in South Asia, to support the development of relevant and effective learning programmes; work collaboratively with all learning focal points to develop regular reports on learning in the Region.
- Maintain the Regional training database and ensure that information are regularly updated.
- Liaise with managers and staff to strengthen the understanding of the Performance Management system, with the goal to promote a culture of high performance, continuous learning and development across the office.
- Research on efficient and cost-effective learning products which enable staff to develop their skills and competencies.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Provide orientation briefing to new staff.
- Through research of policies and analysis of data, provide support to the HR Business Partner in advising their clients on HR-related needs and developing subsequent plans of action.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
- Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
Strategic Human Resources
- Liaise with the HQ Divisions, regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting-edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
Support to Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
- Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
HR Data Analytics
- Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, organizational behavior. psychology or another related field is required.
- Two years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Proven experience administrating a Learning Management System. Knowledge of Moodle technology an advantage.
- Experience in learning technologies and training design and delivery is considered an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset. Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of South Asia is considered as an asset.