Human Resources Officer
World Food Programme, Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
To support the delivery of a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements.
- Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
- Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Conduct straight forward data analysis under close guidance of a senior HR Officer, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Typically one or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Basic analytical ability to compile, maintain and analyse data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions in support of work carried out by another officer; skills in developing sources for data collection.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.