Human Resources Officer
UN Children's Fund, Brazil
Closing Date for Applications:
You will provide HR services through applying knowledge of theoretical HR models, as well as understanding of organizational HR policies and procedures.
Join our team to be responsible for
- Through research of policies and analysis of data, provide support to the HR Manager in advising clients on HR-related needs and developing subsequent plans of action.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues by recommending equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organization’s interests.
- In conjunction with the supervisor help clients grow by guiding them through coaching processes, such as Implementation of 360-degree assessments, leadership-development activities and programmes, as well as maintain trusted client relationships, while upholding client confidentiality.
- Provide support to handle workplace conflicts resolving disputes, so as to eliminate many issues before it escalates.
- Research and compile data that conveys organizational progress towards gender equity and cultural diversity.
Strategic Human Resources
- Support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation.
- Research and provide data which helps inform the improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast and research best and cutting-edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation.
Support to Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
- Provide support in relation to recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.
Learning and Capacity Development
- Support the design and delivery of learning plans for staff.
- Contributes to the mapping of competencies for all staff included in the assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
- Research on efficient and cost-effective learning products which enable staff to develop their skills and competencies.
- Participate in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Provide orientation briefing to new staff.
HR Data Analytics
- Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of data collection systems.
- To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
- A University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required. Specific qualification in HR management is an asset.
- Minimum of (1) one year of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Added years of experience is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in staff selection as well as learning and development is highly desirable.
- Certification and experience in coaching is highly desirable.
- Strong research, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of information technology systems and tools.
- Ability to establish rapport and trust with business leaders.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required. Knowledge of Spanish is considered an asset.